Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Forgiving God

I'm considering the next book project I want to work on.

Something in the self-help genre would be a natural, but I've been thinking about trying something different.

I have two radically different ideas. One would be my memoirs.

That brings up a lot of anxieties like, would my life be interesting to anyone else? Can I write well enough to carry it off? Can I make it funny like David Sedaris? or dramatic like Augusten Burroughs? How does it start? Where does it end?

If I do write the memoir, my working title is "Forgiving God". I like the title because it reflects an ongoing process in my life and it's a double entendre, both adjective and verb.

My second option is a futuristic sci-fi thriller screenplay. I have the basic idea. I've already done a two page "treatment" with the setting, the plot, the characters, etc. I just have to do some homework on how to actually write one.

Both would take me down some interesting roads.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Jo said...

I love memoirs and read them constantly. And I really don't like sci fi, so of course my choice would be the former. I think your life story would be a really good read. Go for it!

But whichever you choose to do, I think will be terrific and so what I really want to say is that I think you will do a great job with either of them. Go with your heart.

Love, Jo